A Word About The United Methodist Men At Cartecay:
And Jesus answered them… Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
all thy soul, all thy mind, all thy strength,… Love thy neighbor as thyself…
These are the two greatest Commandments. Mark 12:28,29
United Methodist Men: Who are they?
- They are a group of men who follow the two greatest Commandments.
- They love God and they love their neighbor. They are compassionate, caring, giving.
- They are active in giving to Church and community as they volunteer on projects, tasks, and various works.
- They work in large groups, small groups and as individuals.
United Methodist Men: What do they do?
- They assist within the Church with dinners, workdays, and fund-raising cookouts, including barbeque's.
- They assist in the community with building, rebuilding and helping those in need.
- They perform volunteer work locally.
- They assist in disaster-relief areas hundreds of miles away. They help where they are able.
- Several "Road Trips" during the spring and fall take them to a day of satisfying outdoor work to benefit the United Methodist Children's Home in Decatur, or to the United Methodist Camp Glisson, which is just outside Dahlonega.
United Methodist Men: Where, When?
They meet monthly, the fourth Saturday of most months at IHOP, which is located next to Starbucks inthe Highland Crossings Shopping Center along highway 515. The men meet at 8:00am to enjoy good fellowship and a great breakfast.
The meal is followed by a program, business, planning, working on projects and fellowship.
Please contact the church office to confirm the men will be meeting.
I know that there is nothing better than for men to be happy, and do good
while they live…. to eat, drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil….
This is the Gift of God. Eccl 3:12,13
Come and join us… You will be most welcomed !!
click here for FULL Calendar 2015
Some UMM 2015 Events:
- March 5 - Work Trip to the UM Children's Home
- April 5 - Easter Pancake Breakfast
- April 9 - Work Trip to Camp Glisson
- June 14 - UMM Picnic (Fellowship Lunch) at McDonald Pit, 12:30PM
- October 10 - BBQ Chicken Dinner Fundraiser
Community Volunteer Service
As required or as identified.
Cartecay UMM Current Officers:
President - Mike Pilvinsky
Vice President - Charlie Edmondson
Treasurer- Chris Smith
NOTE: Our own Royce Hughes serves as the NW District UMM President.
UMM in Action (Photos)